- We foster a fertile intellectual community of diverse participants (faculty, post-docs, students) from varied disciplines who are committed to advancing the field of ecological genomics by hosting the following programs:
- We provide programs that support and promote collaborative Ecological Genomics research at the Institute as well as advance and guide the field at the national and international levels.
- We provide forums for dissemination of Ecological Genomics research within the university, nationally, and internationally.
- We facilitate the use and development of the newest state of the art technology and tools to enable Ecological Genomics projects to prosper and to spawn new projects, such as:
♦ RT-PCR workshops
♦ RNAseq workshop
♦ R workshop
♦ MAXENT modeling workshop
KSU Genomics facilities available:
- We train the next generation of scientists in cutting-edge Ecological Genomics research by developing an interdisciplinary graduate curriculum for a diverse student population.
- We promote diversity in science by providing the following undergraduate research opportunities:
♦ Research opportunities through the KSU Summer Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (SUROP) and the KSU Developing Scholars Program.
♦ URM (Undergraduate Research and Mentoring) – a program Ecological Genomics Institute oversees
♦ REU (Research Experiences for Undergraduates) – a program Ecological Genomics Institute oversees
- We disseminate knowledge to the general public by performing outreach activities that include educational opportunities for K-12 educators, such as: